CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- The events in this series are NOT all affiliated to the CSA. Take Note!!!
- Participants must be in good shape to participate in any of the events forming part of the 100 Miler Series. Minimum age to enter into any of the series events is 19 years of age for the 100 Mile distance.
- Age is determined 31st December in the year of the event.
All riders able to complete at least 6 of the series events will be added to the 100 miler series “Brag list”
Only riders making it onto this list will be able to order a one of a kind 100 Miler Series Cycle top & other series merchandise.
Bragging rights and some of the best memories of 2020
OVERALL WINNERS MALE & FEMALE
- R12 000
- R8 000
- R5 000
Riders will earn points from a maximum of 4 out of the 7 events.
Series awards ceremony will take place during a separate function and details will be made available soon.
COMPLETION IN THE SERIES
- Riders ID number must be correctly filled in on the online entry process to correctly validate the rider’s number board.
- Series runs per calendar year
- Riders will earn points per event.
- Riders will earn points from a maximum of 4 out of the 7 events.
- Riders will only climb the series points ladder by earning higher points after completing more than 4 races at events.
- Higher points after 4 races will replace lower points. i.e. Best 4 points from 7 races.
- Points are tallied per event.
- Series points will only be awarded to Solo riders.
- Awards 4000 points to 1st male and 1st female in each event.
- Points drop from 4000 on sliding scale based on positions and time behind the leader.
- Each event in the 100 Miler Series might be making use of a different online entry system, so do not get confused, follow the instructions of each individual event.
- Late entry fees might apply, depending on the event.
- Please note some events do not allow you to be eligible to compete for prize money with a late entry and you’ll be seeded in the last batch on the day.
Prize money will only be awarded to OVER ALL series winners
Category winners will be awarded with certificates & podium places.
- Over all (any age over 18)
- 30-39 Sub Vets
- 40-49 Vets
- 50 -59 Masters
- 60+ Grand Masters
If you’re not sure what time you’re starting, you can view the batch times on www.saseeding.com if batching does apply to the specific event. Do not skip your batch or change without consulting a race official at registration, your timing will automatically change to DQ if you are not in the correct batch.
RULES AND SAFETY
- Slower participants must make way for faster racers.
- Riders must take caution when the route is not clear or coming to and intersection or roadway.
- Riders should be prepared to brake during steep down hills.
- Riders must obey all traffic rules.
- Bike repairs should be done in a visible area on the edge of the trail, road or path. NOT IN THE PATH
- In the case of a sprint to the finish, you must remain in your own lane.
- No outside seconding or assistance is permitted under any circumstances. Only when otherwise indicated for a specific event Outside assistance includes assisting with bike maintenance, water and nutrition support and physically assisting riders.
These rules are provided for the participants safety and if disregarded may cause disqualification from the race. EACH EVENT has the right to disqualify any participant for the following reasons:
- Technical or equipment problem.
- Health problems of any participant.
- Disregarding any fair play rules.
- Un-sportsmanlike behaviour.
- ” Pushing” or “pulling” by the third party.
- Any disrespect to the environment or personnel.
- A rider not wearing a helmet at any stage of the race will be disqualified.
- All helmets must comply with international ‘ANSI’ standards.
- Appropriate riding attire, including a shirt, must be worn at all times.
- Smoking on route is not permitted.
- Riders must display their race numbers at all times.
- Bike numbers must be firmly fixed on the front of the bike, and may not be obscured by cables or any other item.
- Race numbers may not be modified or mutilated in any way, including cutting, adding stickers, removing existing stickers or trimming.
- Removing or obscuring any official sponsor logos or advertising may result in disqualification from the race.
- Race and category leaders are obliged to wear the leader jerseys supplied by THE EVENT
- There will be no reimbursement of costs to the participant in case of disqualification.
NUTRITION AND WATER POINTS
- Riders retain the ultimate responsibility to carry enough water and nutrition with them.
- EACH EVENT will provide water at official water points on the route.
- Water point locations will be made available in race documentation.
- The organizers, sponsors, volunteers and event personnel are not responsible for any injury or damage that may occur during the event, or cancellations, delays or re-routing due to environmental concerns. Each participant will be required to sign a waiver upon registration declaring that they take full responsibility for, risk of injury, to themselves to their equipment and any lost or stolen items.
BASIC RACING RULES & ETIQUETTE
- Riders must complete the entire distance of the race, and the responsibility for following the official route lies with the rider.
- A rider is not permitted to take any shortcuts or take other advantage of a similar nature against competitors.
- Riders, who exit the route of the course for any reason, must return to the course at the exact same point from which they exited.
- Any walking, running or riding by a rider, which is carried out without the intention of directly re-joining the course, or other activity in breach of the regulations, which takes place outside of the marked course area, can result in disqualification.
- A rider cannot receive any technical assistance along the course from anybody.
- Riders must respect the countryside and ride only on the official route.
- Riders have to report to the start line at least 30min before the start of their race.
- Riders will be briefed 15min before the start. In case of batches riders will be briefed before the start of each batch.
- The start line will remain open for 15 minutes after the start “gun”.
- Timing will start with the start “gun”.
- Riders that do not reach designated cut-off points in time will be prevented from continuing to ride and will be swept from the course and classified as DNF (did not finish).
- Cut-off points can be enforced at any time if the organizers deem the situation as unsafe.
- Riders who started in a batch, which is higher than they one they should be riding in, will be disqualified.
- Riders may start in a group lower down, the responsibility lies with the rider to report this to the timing personnel.